Our motto – Do Some Good – Have Some Fun – reflects our vibrant organization. We continue to promote good stewardship and a connection to Snow Canyon, this geologic wonder we all love.
Friends of Snow Canyon is proud of our progress since our inception. Check out some of our favorite accomplishments. With your support, we
- Funded new park benches at the Lower Galoot and Petrified Dunes parking lots
- Funded the design and construction of informative wayside exhibits
- Provided funds for park brochure printing
- Funded major trail extensions and maintenance of trails
- Provided some funding for steel fence upgrades
- Supported the park through hundreds of volunteer hours
- With the exception of a few events prior to the Global pandemic, all in person events were cancelled in 2020. Electronic newsletters to members kept them informed as to park developments and plans
In 2020, Friends of Snow Canyon, in partnership with Snow Canyon State Park, revitalized and expanded its signature volunteer program – the Trail Steward Program. Snow Canyon State Park manages more than 38-miles of park trails. Trail Stewards assist with this management – monitoring trail conditions, picking up litter, conducting light trail work, and assisting with trail construction projects. Trail Stewards also act as goodwill ambassadors to the Park – helping to guide, instruct, and generally foster safe and meaningful experiences for park visitors. The mere presence of Trail Stewards helps to deter vandalism largely in the form of “modern” graffiti etched into the stunning red rock formations; to deter illegal trails which damage plants and wildlife; and to discourage littering. In 2020, Trail Stewards contributed more than 2,042 hours to these efforts; this is the equivalent of a full-time staff member. With more than 46 dedicated stewards, our volunteer efforts enable park staff to dedicate more time to park projects, and ensures memorable visits to this geological wonder now and into the future.
Friends of Snow Canyon is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). Tax I.D. is 45-2496347